Thursday, June 19, 2008

Two Days Later

Shalom my friends.
On Tuesday the 17th of June in the year 2008, we had to say goodbye to a dear friend. Victor A. Howard II got on a plane to head back to the states. It's been weird without him and things are different but we must accept change. I'm a very firm believer in two constants in this life: God and Change. The last visual memory I have of Vic is seeing him through the glass on the other side of security. He was gathering his belongings at the end of the x-ray conveyor belt, then he walked the other way. I respect him a lot for stepping up to unavoidable responsibility with a positive attitude and willing heart. As he walked off the emotions were overwhelming for some. Understandably so. I appreciate how much God does for those who look to Him. It seems when I acknowledge Him things go more smoothly. I don't deserve to be here right now with all of the mistakes I've made, but it's not about me. It's about doing the right thing as often as possible. Being a positive influence on the world. No sin surpasses another. That's one of the glorious things about how God designed things. Wrong is wrong, but how you deal with it shows the character within. I love and miss Victor, but he has to do what he has to do. Godspeed brother!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey brother, I miss you too. Thanks for being a good friend. It was hard saying goodbye to all of you. I know we will see each other again. I love you bro.

Victor