Friday, June 13, 2008

June 2, 2008

So here I sit at O’Hare in one of the miniscule internet working cuticles awaiting the arrival of Sasha from Trinidad. It was a tearless goodbye when I got through security and looked back at my parents. I’m glad that they’re happy with how God has moved me. It’s not easy for them, I’m sure. But it’s difficult for me, at this point in life, to relate with them. I’m the last of five to leave the house and three of us children are making major transitions right now. Another factor contributing to the difficulty of the situation, I’m moving over 10,000 miles away by place. Intense, but just what I need and God wants. The first teammate I encountered was Diana right at gate B17. It was a little after three and now it’s a little before five. As Diana and I were standing there I look back to see the one and only Tara walking our way smiling. She tells us that Neysia is around the bend and we greet her as well. It was so good to sit down and look at all of the girls knowing that we’re heading into an extremely intense situation together leaving all certainty and “comforts of home” behind. So here we wait... I wait. Alone, downloading two episodes of the OC Season 4. Sick I know, makes me want to puke in my mouth but it is what it is... everyone must have a mindless escape.

To step back to yesterday (Sunday June 1) my sermon went pretty well. I felt like I had a grip on speaking what’s on my mind and not what was prepared to sound intelligent and good. Lauren, Sharon, and Joey all came and that was great. I’m glad they thought enough of me to come in and take part. Love is a strange thing, but that’s what I feel towards my brothers and sisters all over. Potluck blew my mind. Amazing food soaked in warm fellowship made the day. After I went home with Andrew and Kareesa to rest, I took off for Matt’s graduation party. What a guy. He truly has passion for what he loves, music. I respect him for how hard he works and the relationship we have. His thank you was mind-blowing. One of the few people I’ll keep in contact with from high school that’s for sure. Thank you God for Matt, pierce his heart.

For now I must take my leave to await the charging of my computer so as to continue in the downloading of THE OC. Help me Lord!

No comments: