Friday, November 6, 2009

Monday Part II

To conclude what we did on Monday in full would be good for my mind. Leaving things incomplete or not done well bothers me. Here goes...

Napoleon Dynamite...I hate it. Makes me sick and whenever I do muster up the courage to fight through a few minutes of it there's a heavy sense of regret afterwards. Some people think it's great, some people don't. The same as: some people have a sense of humour, some people don't. I can't say this about everyone, but the summer this came out I was working at WCYC (Wisconsin Christian Youth Camp) and hadn't seen the film yet. Two campers always commented about me when they came through the dining line. One would say, "Hey Napoleon" and the other, "Vote for Pedro". This never made sense to me until, between intermediate and senior sessions, I watched the whole thing. Understanding isn't always worth it. Hence the phrase, "ignorance is bliss". There is truth to this at times. My long, curly hair, goofy expressions and tall figure had reminded the campers of a star that a few watts short of shining. If God gave me the chance to go back and get those IQ points back I would, but that's not likely so I'll just have to work my way back up.
All that so say I watched a few minutes of it on Franco's PSP while the family was speaking in Spanish together. It's alright, I now have something to work for. Pray for me, please.

We had arroz con huevos (rice and eggs) for dinner and then sat around talking before retiring to bed. It's difficult for me to describe how an evening of talking and doing little things together feels in words on a blogs. Family, warmth, and connecting with laughter and discussion are things that just stick with you and grow you closer to people. Every night I feel bonding happening and it makes me glad.

I was so tired and ready to sleep. Almost every night I have woken up very early or several times in the night for one reason or another, and the exhaustion was getting to me. Sasha read Proverbs 10 and Jeremiah 29 to Ivanka and I before visitng slumberland.

Just another day in paradise.

No comments: