Thursday, November 5, 2009

God's people in Trinidad

"Sunday morning rain is falling"...

We had to take a taxi to the church building which was fifteen minutes away. Since there's always something to look at in the cities, it's not a big deal for me. I don't get tired of "travelling" (taking a taxi opposed to walking).

La Iglesia De Cristo:

De Church o Christ n dis place.

Although the Chalcos are Spanish speakers, most of the islanders are English speakers. This is a strongly accented and lots of lingo English that makes some people very difficult to understand. Once one is used to it, though . . . it's still sometimes difficult. This has been mentioned before, though.

The class was about works and faith and how important it is to have both. One comment that I commented on, after the initial comment was made, enlightened me to one of the points of interest in the church here. Sometimes there are language usages that can be somewhat confusing to one who has not had extensive English training. When I say extensive, I mean through high school. This is off subject though.

We had a great fellowship and brought two of the four cakes that were given to Franco to share and I got to meet so many people who are striving to be like Jesus on this island. I am always moved and encouraged to see believers in other places and the faith that they show. On Saturday there is a sports day for the church and we're all participating. I biffed my knee, but it should be alright by then. As long as I'm not doing the 25 meter race. Good times are always had playing games.

After a relaxed afternoon of napping and spending time together we decided to play Jump. Franco, Sasha and I played after dinner. For those of you who have never played before, it's an easily learned game that is good for fun in all occasions. Guess who won? Sasha...of course...

Sunday wasn't highly eventful...um...we got to assemble...that was brilliant. I have already mentioned my admiration for Franco and I won't go into it any further tonight, but on the topic of church and Biblical issues we lay on our mattresses and talked about all sorts of things for quite some time. It was good, but by the end of it I was definitely ready to sleep.

It's a strange thing. We haven't done a TON of things but we've stayed busy and it's always hot so I expect to sleep well at night. Well, that just hasn't been the case. Restless nights and getting up for water, washroom visits and pills have been quite frequent. This will pass, there's just a lot on my mind and my joints have been hurting in this climate. Pray for my body, it's up and down.

Goodnight, my friends and keep well. I'm 3 days behind, I know, but will make it up soon. I said that a couple days ago. If I had brought my computer it would be much more coonsistent, but travelling without it is easy and less-stress in the airport. Drop me an email if you have a change. I love hearing from you.

"You know who you are."

KCK-ILY

No comments: