Thursday, November 5, 2009

Monday, the one no one wants to come.

Monday morning started early with restlessness again. My saving grace is, once again, coffee. C.V. to the rescue! She didn't make it for me, but I made it for her. This is her vacation too, you know?

Next Wednesday Ivanka is going back to her team in Leon, Mexico and the following day I fly back to the states. It really doesn't feel like I've been here a week, but when things are new, stimulating and energy consuming one doesn't notice the time passing as much. Napping during the heat of the day helps to consume time as well, and because this is not a regular habit of mine the days seem shorter. Perhaps this isn't completely true, though. My wake up time is much earlier than usual. I don't know. Seems like the waters of my life are whirling at times and stagnate at others. That's the joy of it all, randomness leading to spontaneity.

The cupboards in the kitchen were falling apart and I couldn't take it any longer so we decided to redo the kitchen. Dante left to sell his boomerangs and Franco went to work at HI-LO before we started. Once we got started we just kept going and going until all of the junk was off and it was barren around the cupboards and shelves. Have you ever seen that plastic cover they put on wood and cupboards to protect it from wear? Well, that was peeling off and there was need to strip it off. So strip it we did. Then I got out the sander and lightly went over everything to prepare for paint. Sasha, Ivanka and I got out the white paint after lunch and went to it. C.V. put too much water in the paint so it ran causing us to have to put two coats on. It looks so much better though and for this we are happy.

I have to run now, almost literally. We're off to the beach today and the van is honking at us to hurry. I will write about Tuesday and yesterday tonight... AHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAA!

KCK-ILY

No comments: