Tuesday, December 13, 2011

It's that time of year again!

Well, it's the most wonderful time of year...again. And do you know why it is the most wonderful time of year? Because of Christmas (wow, aren't you glad you logged onto your computer to read me telling you exactly what you already know?) ! I find this a festive season because it makes people realize that they're wanting to give something to someone else, even it's just a bumper sticker or a warmer, more sincere hug than usual. GIVING! Ah, I enjoy it as much as anyone else and am glad to do it when I can. Of course, "in these tough economic times", I'm more inclined to give someone a real hug than a bow-tied Lexus. (See my bank account for reasons why the bow-tie Lexus is not happening this year). When people I know to be loving, caring souls do more than they usually do for the sake of the holiday season it warms me. Yes, like melted butter it warms me. Who cares about consumerism? If people want to spend their money on useless junk then, by all means, spend spend spend. Now, if you've ever had a conversation with me about the consumer mindset of many people these days (and I don't mean extravagance, merely the thought that something bought is something gained or something bought is better than mere conversation - "Let's go out", "Let's see a movie", "Let's go to the mall"), you'll know that I don't really think it's a great idea. Well, here's the turn around. SPEND YOUR MONEY, PEOPLE! If more people spend money, more people earn money, and more people see the wealth that could be spread around and not hoarded in a vault somewhere. Support your local economy and buy things that people you know, or know of, or don't know but live in the same region as you, have put effort into creating for the benefit of there buyers and acquaintances. Why not, right? Who doesn't want the community they live in to be prosperous? I do. I like the community mentality and support it wholeheartedly. Give it up to the little man! You should see my apartment. A few strings of lights, too many sugar-filled treats on the table, and building holiday tension fill the walls that make up my home. I like it. The cold weather gives me an excuse to drink more coffee, tea, hot chocolate and the like, as well as eat more, exercise more (ha! I should, right?), and even do something nice for my friends. It's good to be in the season. Blogs are funny in that "people are reading whatever I write" way. Hey you, thanks for reading. Summation: GIVE GET INTO THE HOLIDAYS SPEND ...America

No comments: