Sunday, December 11, 2011

2 AM churches

There's something entrancing about a church building at 2 AM. Since every building is different, and for predominantly preferential reasons, it creates fun environments to roam around in when I'm not asleep at work, which I'm not supposed to be anyway and therefore find myself walking around to stay awake during my shift. It's always fun to find food left for me and drink as many different hot drinks as I can while wandering. This time to myself whilst everyone else is sleeping gives me is the opportune time to read a good book and I've just finished The Golden Compass. Was it really worth all that hype? Perhaps the next two books in the series will expand upon the "anti-God" sentiment in more detail. Good fantasy, at least. Well, last night was quiet, minus the snoring and rousing rustles of bodies turning over or getting up to go to the bathroom, and this morning was smooth as basted butterball turkey. Despite the extremely old, slow, irritatingly inefficient coffee maker, we survived the morning and all parties are prepared, as much as they can be, for another day. This afternoon is the Hospitality House Christmas party and I'm looking forward to getting to know all the staff a little bit better in a social environment. The bus is bringing over the guests so it should prove to be a raucous good time. I hope for you, my one of very few readers, that today, Sunday the 11th of December in the year of our Lord 2011, proves to be better than you anticipate and more ripe than rotten. I'm going to watch some online videos then go to church. Woop! Peace outz!

No comments: