Wednesday, February 1, 2012

We're family, we're family, we're family....all of us and YOU

Family: These are those who love you despite the extremely stupid things you do, but they do it in a way that is constructive, prudent, and compassionate. When you find yourself in moments of desperate need, helplessness, uncertainty, there is that foundation of people who you turn to in order to get straight. Find that pathway toward greater living and a higher purpose and looking back you'll see your family behind you. They are the ones that give up themselves for your benefit. If it weren't for my family I would be a completely different man and with them I've learned to appreciate the inexplicable acts of selflessness that have been performed on my behalf. Take care of your family. I, being a great sinner myself, have neglected to communicate with my direct family members at times and I feel it deep within myself. There's no excuse with the technology we have today to not be in touch, even if "in touch" means an email once every week or two. Facebook, email, phone calls (heaven forbid!), text messages, pictures, videos, links, social networks, SNAIL MAIL...what's the matter with meaningful communication? Nothing, it's just taken a turn in our society. This is Tyler's vow to be a better communicator, in all facets of his life, starting with family and rounding off with everyone whom I would like to keep in touch with on a regular basis. He will be better, he will be more in tune to the movement of the symphony that started the entire extravaganza, the movement that started with God and family. So, to all of you who read this, take a moment today and write someone an email or a letter and let them know that even though you don't talk to them every day you're still thinking about them often and desire to know how there lives have taken form. Communication is key. Done

No comments: