Friday, November 18, 2011

Another day in paradise... Well, it IS another day in "paradise", in the sense that I'm still blessed, I'm still making personal breakthroughs, and I'm still breathing. This semester has been a real challenge on a personal inner level and I can't quite grasp all of the reasons for it. The ones I do know aren't easily related on a public blog and even if they were it wouldn't matter to anyone that much because firstly, there's nothing anyone else can do to help or hinder, and secondly, there's no reason to share the innermost thoughts of my heart with the world. BUT, the point is that I'm happy to be alive. There's a purpose and I can't believe that I have the life I do. There are a million things I don't have that I "could", but I don't and I don't need them. What I have is what I need and simple living is great. There's not a whole lot that I need on a basic survival level and I'm glad that I don't. It's not a big deal to me to not have the excess luxuries that are available because there's greater meaning in life that the physically attainable. I encourage you, my readers (or reader, I don't know how many people actually read this beside my mother - hi mom!), to keep your heads up and be content. If you're not content, and I find myself struggling with this on a daily basis even though I'm aware of the blessings that surround me, STRIVE for contentment. "May the odds be ever in your favor"

No comments: