Friday, September 25, 2009

Friday in Wisconsin

Good morning to you!
It's a hazy, drizzly day in Wisconsin and I'm glad it is. Although I haven't exactly done a lot of physical work, I've been lifting and trying to stay fit while being back. I know that if I allow my body to become unfit it will drag me down quickly if I get into a rut. So, I'm staying on top of that.

If the weather had permitted, the lawn would be being mowed right now and I'd be cutting more wood from the trees that line the drive. Unfortunately, outside work is not on the menu for today. Other entrees are up for eating.

So, what am I doing? Well, I've cleaned the stove top, done the dishes, am running loads of laundry, vacuuming, running to Clarno (a little village 10 minutes from the farm) to get supplies for the re-roofing of the back-porch and READING!

Why do I emphasize READING? Since I've been back in the states very little reading has taken place. The book I started before leaving South isn't even finished and there's only a half chapter to go. Lately I've been feeling the need to go through the Gospels! It seems like I'm aware of the facts, but nailing down where, when and why Jesus said things is fuzzy in my mind of late. A ploy by Satan to drag me down. I feel the tug, but I'm not giving up. It's frustrating to let God down. I learned this at a very young age when I realized my parents seldom yelled at us unless tact wasn't understood by us, the children. To disappoint a parent is the worst feeling in the world. God being my FATHER, the disappointment is far greater than if I were to let my father or mother down. I feel it deep within me when I sin. It hurts and I don't want to hurt anymore. This leads to another lesson, as well. Peace and trust. God is there for us through everything. We commit the vilest of offences and He never wavers. To me, this is the greatest show of love.
Why would I not say the cross? This is part of the cross. Failure is inevitable, but through the blood of Christ we are made righteous. So, the love shown by Jesus is extraordinary. TRULY extraordinary. Recognize this and you're well on your way to being a devout, trusting, self-less servant.

I'm still being worked on and working on it myself. Let God in...

The day is still young. After James, I'm headed to Mark!

No comments: