Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Dead Computer:(

As you may know, or not know, I have a 12 inch PowerBook G4 Mac and
it's a little old. I can't complain about it much because it has lived
up to it's reputation in reliability. However, all good things have an
end. Last night I couldn't get my computer to turn on. There was no
function noise except the sound it makes when it turns off. I thought
to myself, "This will pass. Time is all it needs". I guess not. Today
I tried multiple times to turn it on but to no avail. Perhaps it's a
sign. How do we know which are signs and which are temptations though?
They can look very similar at times. I don't have a lot of support and
this would make buying a new computer difficult. Especially since it's
about that time where I need to purchase a plane ticket to return to
the USA. I'm not worried about the harddrive. For the longest time the
only way I've been able to use my Mac is if it's plugged in. There's a
good chance that the power source and connection has given up. Updates
will follow as to the state of my technology difficulties. Don't
worry, I'm sure my friends will let me use theirs if it's needed. I
regret to say that my May newsletter is not done or accessible (if it
was done). If anyone can forward a link to my supporters that would be
wonderful. On a providential note, I have set-up my mobile blogging
just in time! Phew...what a day. Thank you to Benjamin and Kristine
for the package of pictures. I sat in the car and laughed with an
smile that couldn't have been wiped off my face for a few minutes
before driving back to my place. It was a bright moment in my day.

--
Sent from my mobile device

No comments: